Hi there, I'm Brittany.
I'm a graphics reporter at the Washington Post. I was raised by NPR Visuals, and I'm an alumna of the beautiful University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Code is something I love, and I'm lucky that I get to do it everyday. I'm passionate, inquisitive and enthusiastic. I never want to stop learning.
- HTML and CSS
- Less and Sass
- Data analysis
- Jupyter Notebook and Pandas
- Illustrator and Photoshop
- Git version control
- AWS familiarity
I spend time outside of work giving back to the community that gave so much to me. I love working with students and professionals to network, mentor and nurture growth.
- Girls Who Code
- Investigative Reporters and Editors
- National Association of Black Journalists
- NICAR Minority Fellowship Program
- Online News Association Student Newsroom Mentor
- ProPublica's Diversity Mentorship Program
Sometimes, I even win things? (Though, clearly, 2017 was a bust.)
Awards and Recognition
- 2018 DCFemTech Award, Data
- 2016 Stuart Sechriest Award for Outstanding Graduating Senior, Visual Communication
- 2016 Excellence and Innovation in Visual Digital Storytelling, Online Journalism Awards
If you'd like, you can take a look at my resume.
That was a little about me. I'd love to hear from you.